Just You Wait, I'm Coming Back, Britney Promises

|


Britney Spears spent the last two years on marriage and motherhood, but the newly single pop star wants fans to know she's on the brink of a big career comeback.

"I look forward to coming back this year bigger and better than ever, and to also reaching out to my fans on a more personal level," she says in a message posted yesterday on her Web site.

"I've been working so hard on this new album and I can't wait for you all to hear it and to go on tour again!" says Spears, 25, who put her musical career on hold two years ago to marry Kevin Federline and have sons Sean Preston, 1, and Jayden James, 3 months.

Spears acknowledges some of her fans have been disappointed by reports that the once squeaky-clean Mousketeer has been hitting the club scene - sometimes sans underpants - with party girls Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. Her manager has denied reports that Spears passed out during a New Year's Eve celebration at a Las Vegas club.

Brit admits in her letter to fans that she's been "far from perfect," but she insists the media "has had a lot of fun exaggerating my every move."

"But trust me, I get it," she says, adding that "I am now more mature and feel like I am finally 'free.'"

Meanwhile, Spears and her Fed-ex have reached a temporary agreement on custody of their young sons.

The estranged couple will share custody through January, according to court papers filed yesterday. First, the singer will take the tots with her to Miami for a week, and then Federline will be able to visit the boys at Spears' home from noon to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The agreement says Spears will use her "best efforts to ensure that no third party visiting the home" interferes with Federline's time with the children.


0 comments: