Help Desk Software

|

What is a Help Desk?

A source of technical support for hardware or software.Help desks are staffed by people who can either solve the problem directly or forward the problem to someone else.Help desk software provides the means to log in problems and track them until solved.It also provides the management information regarding support activities.

Help desk software must be able to effectively support all the possible paths that a service request may follow from start to completion as is diagrammed here. (Illustration courtesy of Help Desk Technology Corporation, www.helpstar.com)


The Help Desk Process

Help Desk Humor....


Computer Stupidity

Gateway color codes their connectors as well as their ports. Yet:

Customer: "I'm looking at the back of the system, and I don't know where to plug in the mouse. There are two holes that are the same size as the mouse."
Tech Support: "Ok, what color is the tip of the mouse plug?"
Customer: "Orange."
Tech Support: "Do you see the orange 'hole' on the back of the computer?"
Customer: "Yes."
Tech Support: "That is where the mouse plugs into."
Customer: "Oh. How about the keyboard?"
Tech Support: "What color is the plug on the keyboard?"
Customer: "Purple."
Tech Support: "And do you see the purple 'hole' on the back of the computer?"
Customer: "Yes."
Tech Support: "That is where the keyboard plugs in. The tips are color coded."
Customer: "I see. How about the speakers?"


A few years ago I worked at a computer shop. One time a woman overheard me answer the phone and came storming over to me.

Her: "So you're the one who won't let me email my son!"
Me: "Excuse me?"
Her: "Well, I bought my computer here and you guys set up my Internet."
Me: "Yes...?"
Her: "Every time I try to email my son, YOU email me back saying you won't deliver my message."
Me: "Ma'am, I don't have anything to do with delivering email to anyone, and I'm sure I haven't sent you any messages."
Her: "I just heard you tell the person on the phone that YOU were Damon."

More on source humor: Here

More details on Help Desk Info

0 comments: