Ta Saung Tine Festival In Taunggyi

|

Ta Saung Tine, a hand-made Fire Balloon festival happens in every November in Taunggyi. It happens at the same time with Loi Krathong festival in Thailand.How I really miss Taunggyi once I see these pics. "I miss you".....to all my family and friends.

Fire balloons are made in many styles for the beauty and for the skill competition. The more fire sparks and the higher it goes, the better it is. Many groups such as the youngsters or teenagers, the community, the company by quarter or by teams are making the different types of fire balloons to make great celebration. Crowds of people are going and visiting where the festival takes place in the field and an area around near Sularmuni Pagoda. There are many games for funstuffs , shops, restaurants and caffeteria in the field.








List of my friends who participate in fire balloon contest: And they receive the prize and good position almost every year ever since I was with them in Taunggyi. And Congratulations to Nga Pyin Group that just won the 2nd prize for this year of 2006.

Nga Pyin Group

Sai Kyi Thein
Kun Zay Yar Ngwe Tun(Po Thar)
Kun Kyaw Min Tun(Bo Dtar)
Myo Pyi Sone(My brother-I forgive you)
Saing Pone
Sai Thi Ha Lwin
Sai Hat Su
Sai Latt Su(passed away)
Nga Ye(nick name)
Sai Kong Kham
Sai Kong Ngean
Sai Kaung Kham
And other friends...
And many other friends of my friends... I am proud of you all for what you are.

Some of them might be away and cannot join back for we have different lives. I am one of them and though I am away, I miss you all and I miss Taunggyi.Of course I am coming back :) Any one who knows Nga Phin Group or from Taunggyi can share things about Taunggyi with me here.

Photos from www.guitarholic.multiply.com
www.kyawtkyawtmu.multiply.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,i m not sure aboutthat groupo,i m from taunggyi shan also,yea,i really really miss this festival,its a unique one that we never fail to celebrate,the sad thing is that,when the last time i went back,in 2004,the festival is tunr out more commercialized and,so many gambling outlets,its really make the whole festival turn ugly,the "upper" view is that if they put this kinda outlets,it will be more crowded,wad a brillient thinking is that. thx for sharing. i missed this year,hopfully next year i can be there.

FreshelStar said...

Thank you for your sharing too , Anononymous. Are you Tai? Besides, today is "Tai New Year". "Mai Soong,Hai Yu Li Me Ngean Naa". If you are Tai, you might understand.If you don't understand,it's a wish for Happy Tai New Year.I just got a new from Taunggyi, one group was arrested for being suspected of political issues on making fire balloon.I don't know about that all.Yeah,there shouldn't be gambling outlets.I mean parents should take good care of the teenagers well.If only who is over 20 can get into the gambling, it would be good, even there's still gambling so.

Ko Ko said...

Hello! I am also from Taunggyi,but now far away from there, like you. And more, the same batch of Nga Pyin Group from BEHS -4. I am so proud to read your post as a "Taunggyi Tar" . btw, now I am collection some information about Taunggyi to make one website about Taunggyi.So, if you want to share whatever information about Taunggyi, please do contact to me.